Please read the attached SCSD2 Sportsmanship Letter published by Dr. Slaton.
Sportsmanship tips for parents/coaches:
1. Remember that school athletes are children. They’re still learning, which means they make mistakes. It’s important to praise them and not criticize them!
2. Always respect opposing players, coaches and spectators. Show appreciation for the outstanding plays they make.
3. Respect game officials, they are people like you and me who are doing their best to support our youth.
4. Censor those fans around you whose behavior is inappropriate.
5. Remember that a ticket to an athletic event is not a license to verbally assault others- including officials, coaches and players from the opposing team.