How to Reach Us:
Hours: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Scott 2 Guidance and Counseling Services are the guides that help students navigate their educational path to success. Our team of professionally trained school counselors can provide resources to help prepare students for the future.
The primary goal of the department is to:
- Help create a safe school environment where children can learn
- Coordinate referrals to outside agencies
- Help design interventions to enhance student success
- Help parents, teachers, administrators in learning how to meet the needs of all students
Counselors help students by:
- Promoting positive attitudes among students toward self, family, peers and community
- Assisting students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities
- Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as healthy decision
- Working collaboratively with students, parents and teachers to identify and remove barriers to learning
- Supporting students by teaching skills for achieving success
- Counseling with students individually and in groups
- Providing support during personal crisis
How does a student get to see a School Counselor?
- Request of the Counselor
- Parent/Guardian referral
- Principal, teacher, or other staff referral
- Referral by friend
Students will not be seen by the counselor for individual or group counseling without parent/legal caregiver consent. Consent can be given verbally or in writing. Generally, the counselor will send home a written permission slip. Permission can be withdrawn at any time by parent request. Services are available to all students.
Meet Our Counselor